Stephen Gyllenhaal takes us on a poignant exploration of the topics discussed in the film he produced with his wife Kathleen, IN UTERO. We talk about the psychological and epigenetic impact of early life and uterine environment, as well as the means by which we can unravel the negative impact of our past into profoundly positive potentials for well-being in our lives today.
*Please subscribe* 😍 : https://www.youtube.com/c/AdventuresThroughTheMind?sub_confirmation=1
Episode breakdown below.
Visit http://bit.ly/ATTMind74 for the full show notes, all relevant links, and your discount code to watch IN UTERO.
▵ Support On Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jameswjesso
▵ Donate via PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/JWJesso
▵ Buy Some Merch: https://www.jameswjesso.com/shop/
Stephen Gyllenhaal is an award-winning film and television director, writer and producer. His producing credits include the documentary IN UTERO, “a cinematic rumination on life in the womb and its lasting impact on human development, human behaviour, and the state of the world. Tapping into cultural myths, popular movies, and technological trends, the film demonstrates how our experiences in utero – particularly traumatic events – preoccupy us throughout our lives, impacting our decisions and shaping society.”
– How environment conditions in the womb influence epigenetic and psychological development.
– The influence of unconscious memories of childhood and the womb on the adult’s perception of the self and of reality.
– Transgenerational trauma.
– Self-fulfilling prophecies and unconscious self-harm.
– Modern society’s cultural war zone: intellectualized sexism, racism, and classism.
– Perinatal psychology (psychological impact of the birth experience).
– The vital importance of the mother/child bond.
– The larger community of caregivers, on being a father.
– The vital impact of bonding.
– Being yourself, being OK with not being OK.
– Feeling unsafe and building safe, but necessarily comfortable, spaces.
– Taking responsibility as a parent.
– Healing trauma, from childhood to adulthood.
– Embodiment and the interconnection between the mind and body.
– How to support mothers.
– Treating adults with trauma – safe spaces and psychedelic therapy.
– An interesting synchronicity between Stephen’s near-death experiences and my dream the night before.
Follow James W. Jesso on Social Media!
Support The Podcast On Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/jameswjesso
Leave A One-Time PayPal Donation: https://www.paypal.me/JWJesso
Sign up for my newsletter to get a free audiobook on Psilocybin Spirituality: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/m7q9s6